Monday, January 12, 2015

Self-Reflection and Guidance.

Hello...

This weeks was great! We got to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. Exchanges are the best! It's so much fun to see how other missionaries perform. You learn some things you should improve on as well as things that you shouldn't do;)


Leadership inside of the mission is very interesting.  It keeps things rolling on and helps missionaries BE MOTIVATED! As a District Leader right now, I get to, in some way, deliver guidance from the Mission President to other missionaries. I do this weekly in a meeting with seven other missionaries. It's quite humbling to be apart of the teaching/learning process. It got me thinking about revelation. It's such a neat concept and I'm so grateful for the role that revelation plays in my life, especially in district meetings!

Each person in this world has different needs and concerns. Everyone wants those concerns or needs to be met or resolved. The fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ can and will do that if you  allow it. Let me expound a bit... It doesn't matter what you are feeling or what you have experienced or done in your past, every person in this world is searching.  Some of us have stumbled upon the gospel, seen parts of its power, and lost touch with what it can do for us personally. I repeat...The fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ can and will do that if you allow it. There are others of us that have not yet experienced in any way the power that comes from the Atonement (when understood properly). I would invite you to exercise a particle of faith and watch the growth that comes from it!

The last thing that comes to my mind is those of us who simply go through the motions; we see it as a good thing, so we do it.  Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before it gets old than we desensitize ourselves to what we need and we start to slip. We must be quick to restrengthen our testimony, share it often, and look for ways to serve in the gospel.

This week I've done a bit of studying on visions, not the kind like when you see something, but the kind that is created. Most of the time we go day to day creating visions unconsciously. The kind of vision I'm referring to can be a single statement that lends  powerfully or non-powerfully to the way we create and/or experience life. When you are on a mission you live, eat, and sleep visions! I've come to understand that if I want something then I have to go create it. Life doesn't always hand it to you on a silver platter;). It's been neat to see the powerful and sometimes non-powerful results that are created because of my vision. Now I don't wake up in the morning and say, "Today is going to be slow and worthless." (example of a non powerful vision), but if I'm not present to what I would like the day to be like I could fall into the trap of opposition or idleness and this is the adversaries play ground! I have to take time to self-reflect and seek guidance from the Spirit as I create my vision of life. We can see how the Savior did this on occasion when he went into the wilderness. This was a time of self-reflection and guidance. I believe we all need this!  Seek to understand what you want in life, make a VISION, stay true to it, and allow the Savior to build you up. 

Love,
Elder Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment